2012 REPUBLICAN PARTY OF TEXAS PLATFORM
“We oppose the teaching of higher order thinking skills, critical thinking skills and similar programs…[which] have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.”
If you can stomach it, here’s the entire PDF.
That’s seriously a real quote (see p. 12). The platform also calls for repealing the Voting Rights Act (except that it keeps referring to the Voter Rights Act).
Obviously the Texas GOP opposes critical thinking.
Oops, suddenly Rick Perry…
There’s just no other explanation.
More “highlights” (or lowlights, if you prefer, because I do):
p. 4 - Protection from Extreme Environmentalists – We strongly oppose all efforts of the extreme environmental groups that stymie legitimate business interests. We strongly oppose those efforts that attempt to use the environmental causes to purposefully disrupt and stop those interests within the oil and gas industry. We strongly support the immediate repeal of the Endangered Species Act. We strongly oppose the listing of the dune sage brush lizard either as a threatened or an endangered species. We believe the Environmental Protection Agency should be abolished.
p. 6 - Campaign Finance Reform - We urge immediate repeal of the McCain-Feingold Act.
p. 7 - American English - We support adoption of American English as the official language of Texas and of the United States.
*Yeah, that last one will sit REALLY well with your ever-growing Hispanic population, 38 percent as of the census numbers.
p. 7 - Flag Desecration - Any form of desecration of the American Flag is an act of disregard for our nation and its people and penalties should be established for such.
p. 7 - Flag Code – The U.S. flag code should be made into Law and not left to the sole discretion of the President.
*Because what we do with a piece of cloth is important, y’all. Also, we want to keep those corporations who run our prisons in business.
p. 8 - Homosexuality ― We affirm that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society and contributes to the breakdown of the family unit. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable “alternative” lifestyle, in public policy, nor should “family” be redefined to include homosexual “couples.” We believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin. Additionally, we oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction or belief in traditional values.
p. 11 - Immunizations ― All adult citizens should have the legal right to conscientiously choose which vaccines are administered to themselves or their minor children without penalty for refusing a vaccine. We oppose any effort by any authority to mandate such vaccines or any medical database that would contain personal records of citizens without their consent
*Because measles = FREEDOM!
p. 12 - Bilingual Education – We encourage non-English speaking students to transition to English within three years.
p. 19 - Workers’ Compensation – We urge the Legislature to resist making Workers’ Compensation mandatory for all Texas employers.
p. 19 - Minimum Wage – We believe the Minimum Wage Law should be repealed.
p. 20 - United Nations – We support the withdrawal of the United States from the United Nations and the removal of U.N. headquarters from U.S. soil.
- smdy reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- margheritaaville reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- intellexualproperty reblogged this from thenewwomensmovement and added:
- manincolor reblogged this from r-e-a-l-m-a-t-h
- meganraeelle reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- starfoozle reblogged this from mr-finch
- wontbetelevised reblogged this from fiftyshadesofmacygray
- storyofaquietgirl likes this
- puzzlepeaces reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- dickdojima reblogged this from marcovicci
- grand-sass-master reblogged this from wisconsinforward
- kurookami reblogged this from lyssamae and added:
- lyssamae reblogged this from nom-chompsky
- brain-poop likes this
- morecks87 reblogged this from tothelibrary
- deadpandolores reblogged this from five-items
- littleprincedreams reblogged this from dragonitehugs
- five-items reblogged this from sapphicmix
- ontopofyou reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- nerd-bird reblogged this from hermione-ganja
- orikamispenshop reblogged this from skunkitty
- queenvagitarianofwesteros reblogged this from gaysgeneration
- tidbitsandwhatsits reblogged this from gaysgeneration
- bubblegum-noir likes this
- sour-idealist reblogged this from stopcallingmebitch
- gaysgeneration reblogged this from sapphicmix and added:
- ravingsofabitch reblogged this from -rachel-anne-
- crazywithapen reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- chickiedear reblogged this from apistat-chaekoos and added:
- fattymcbongrip likes this
- sharkwithfeet reblogged this from joanwatsonss and added:
- geli-tripping reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- morecks87 likes this
- winneganfake reblogged this from lovingmyselfishard
- lovingmyselfishard reblogged this from lipsredasroses and added:
- funkythighcollector reblogged this from mayonn-egg
- mayonn-egg reblogged this from hermione-ganja
- mayonn-egg likes this
- tamaraleach reblogged this from skunkitty and added:
- stfuprolifers likes this
- dance-beneath-the-diamond-sky reblogged this from nom-chompsky
- stopcallingmebitch reblogged this from joanwatsonss
- majormayur reblogged this from skunkitty
- halogram reblogged this from lipsredasroses and added:
- cantbereallife likes this
- korrigankaty reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- kingdomofdaringdoom reblogged this from spooksee and added:
- arcadiasilver reblogged this from lipsredasroses
- tookinthesheets reblogged this from killingcurses and added:
- umph reblogged this from randomactsofchaos